The Courage to dream, The Ability to create
Senior Product Engineer for Interior Trim parts
Senior Product Engineer in responsible area coordinates and tracks all actions, risks, decisions and statuses and steers or escalates where needed. Working on a cross-functional project team, responsible to deliver new product developments and product changes from concept (RFI, RFQ) to delivery (SOP) and in-service support. It is the main contact for project related information for your module in all directions:
- Establishment & coordination of liaison activities within engineering, purchasing & local suppliers’ Teams.
- Ensure smooth cooperation between EMP engineering, purchasing Teams for supplier nomination.
- Ensure that the line functions within responsible area is jointly deliver on-time, in-budget and to quality from RFI stage, through RFQ, suppliers’ nomination until mass production and after
- RFI & RFQ content review from completeness perspective for the parts from responsibility area to make sure, that all RQMTs to fulfil EMP objectives are present.
- Support creation & monitoring the system and component specifications within responsible area to meet functional & quality requirements in cooperation with EMP engineering & purchasing teams as well as Tier 1’s.
- Ensure necessary maturity of quality of all parts from responsible module in collaboration with EMP engineering, manufacturing teams & Tier 1’s.
- Support production localization of the responsible parts
- Steer decision making process and problem solving, escalate unresolved issues to the project managers and all involved stakeholders & teams
- Good knowledge technology and development processes, methods and tools used in Automotive Industry (DFMEA, Six Sigma, Problem Solving, Ishikawa etc.)
- Good knowledge of requirements approval processes, materials, durability and performance requirements, testing & validation requirements
- Experience with dimensional and tolerance management
- Understand automotive product development processes from supplier management side (RFI, RFQ, engineering RQMTs Dimensional Management, final product validation etc.)
- General knowledge of supplier’s production systems of the parts from area of responsibility